The week in six bits:
1. Self-tickling is impossible even if you think someone else is doing it. Allowing me to break new ground by posting a picture of a cat on the internet.
2. Evolution Doesn’t Look Like You Think It Does. This has always annoyed me too. This, and allegations that giraffes got long necks from reaching up to high branches.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide Mixed With Potassium Iodide. As in this:
5. Deepak Chopra Gets Upset, Tries The Harvard Gambit. Steven Salzberg explains how Deepak Chopra gets offended by Jerry Coyne, and so mounts the following terrific counter-argument: “I frequently speak at Harvard, therefore I am right“.
6. Why Do People Hate The Word ‘Chemicals’? Because people are fools, BBC. That’s why.
Categories: Animals, Authority appeals, BBC News, Broadcast media, Chemistry, Confirmation bias, Environment, Evolution, Favourites List, Forbes, Naive optimism, Newspapers & Magazines, Pseudoscience, Psychology, Skepticism, Uncategorized, Video, Web